Saturday, February 5, 2011

WEEKEND THOUGHT.

Photobucket
I stumbled across this amazing talk from Elder Ballard printed in the Ensign in 1978 (the year my parent's were married). Because there are so many relevant talks recently, I almost never peruse the archives, but I am so glad that I found this talk. There were so many great quotes to pull from it. Make it your Sunday afternoon reading, I am sure you will love it.

After a snow day yesterday, we may be out of the frigid weather. Thank goodness. The sun is shining today and everyone is happier for it. I hope your weekend is wonderful. We have Stake Conference via satellite from Salt Lake City. I wonder who else will be listening to the same conference. Let me know, I'd love to hear.

Finally, don't miss out on our giveaway of one Persimmon and Pink print. Seriously, the more I check out their etsy store, the more I fall in love. Random.org will determine one lucky winner after the giveaway closes on Sunday at 11:59 p.m. (Central / Texas time).

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

Leilani said...

Thanks for the talk link. I'll be sure to read it tomorrow. It really makes you think about your great responsibility especially with a new baby.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I live in the Dallas area and thoroughly enjoyed Stake Conference today! It renewed my energy to hear the Prophet speak! And, being in the Primary in my ward, I've been thinking most about what I can do to help reactivate some of our children. Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that you should mention stake conference. I don't know that any of us {me, my husband, or my 4 kids} were really listening. I love listening to our prophet, but with a 2 month old it was a little hard to do. Though my 10 year old remembered that Sis. Dibb talked about virtue! What I do remember is the adult session my stake had Saturday night. Everyone talked about personal revelation. I thought it was really great and left with a great desire to do better and be better. With 3 girls who will be teenagers before I'm ready I'll need lots of help!

Erin@mamaswhoknow said...

@Jeni

We felt the same way. The Sunday session is always very hard and even harder when it is on a big screen. I spent the entirety of President Monson's talk in the nursery with my one-year old. My husband said even in the cultural hall it was difficult to focus.

I did love our Saturday evening session though...the theme was provident living for our stake and all of the speakers did a great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...