Wednesday, September 8, 2010

RECHARGING.

Photobucket
Let's say that the stars align, and on one weekday evening the homework is done, the dinner dishes wrapped up, and the husband is occupied with ESPN or whatever might occupy a husband. The clock leaves you with an hour or so of quiet free time to yourself.

Maybe it's a Saturday afternoon, the little kids are napping or at the park with Dad and there are a few free hours that belong to you. Let's just say.

These scenarios are few and far between these days with the busyness of work, kids, sports, school and church obligations, but every once in a while I find myself with an hour or more of time to myself. And every so often, my husband will send me on my way for a little time off.

So, the question of the day is this: what would you choose to do to recharge your mama batteries? What helps you relax the most and what do you enjoy doing with a bit of time?

Would you stay at home with a good book on the couch? Maybe a bubble bath and an early bedtime (that's probably the wisest choice for all of us). What about a massage or pedicure? Would you go for a long run or a session at the gym? Do you have a craft or project that you've been waiting to dive into? Maybe you'd brave the movies all by yourself, or better yet with a friend. If there is time, a session at the Temple would be nice. A jaunt to the mall or your favorite store is always a possibility. Or, maybe a long drive with some of your favorite tunes. 

Really, the possibilities are endless.

In this situation I usually find myself on the road to Target. Not very relaxing, I know. But, something about browsing around my favorite stores at my own leisurely pace really makes my day. Every so often, I will treat myself to a pedicure as well. Nothing beats a foot massage and freshly painted toes to rejuvenate this mama.

So, fellow mamas, what do you do? If you found yourself with some time for you, how would you spend it. I can't wait to hear.

collage images: here here, and here.

7 comments:

katie said...

One of my favorite indulgences is definitely a massage, but that has to be planned and scheduled. When I catch an hour by myself I almost always find myself working on blurb books. I LOVE doing that!

Heidi said...

When I have time to myself I usually find myself blogging or reading blogs! But really, I wish I were napping. Sleep is my favorite. Reading or pedi come in second.

Erin@mamaswhoknow said...

Thanks for the feedback girls. It's fun to hear what everyone likes doing.

Emma said...

For time away from my busy life I like to read, exercise, and watch reality TV.

Anonymous said...

For me, there's nothing better than diving into a good book. But I have to find a quiet place to read, which can sometimes be the hardest part!
My other favorite is watching a chick-flick by myself. That way I don't have to see my manly husband rolling his eyes through the whole thing. :)

runningfan said...

Sleep!!!

But when I had a weekend without kids (two in a row, in fact -- one was Steph's wedding), I was drawn the temple. I try to do things that will nourish my spirit. That's what makes me happiest in the long run, after all.

Mary Anne said...

Oh man if I can go running without pushing the kids in the jogging stroller I am ALL OVER THAT. I wish the temple was closer, but it's pretty much an all day (or even over-night) family outing to get there. I do love to curl up in bed with a book now and then, which usually leads to a short nap. But yeah, like that happens very often :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...