Monday, February 14, 2011

V. DAY LOVE.

Photobucket
I think I am starting to feel a little love for Valentine's Day. For so long, it has fit into the romantic compartment in my brain, and with that, has some potential for disappointment.  This year however, I have felt the Valentine's spirit seep into other areas of my life. To my girls, my extended family, friends and to the sisters I visit teach. When I pause to remember the people I love, the list is a good one.

When I asked Hannah earlier in the week who she wanted to make Valentine's for her list went accordingly.

1. Julia--her favorite friend here in Dallas
2. Kartik--a single classmate of my husband's who has shown so much kindness and love to our girls
3. Olivia & Becca--two older ward girls who go out of their way to be nice to Hannah

Her list was perfect, I thought. She was choosing to recognize those people who she truly has grown to love. I took some time to do the same and hope to show my love to those people who influence my life for the good, not just on Valentine's Day, but always.

After Church yesterday we (mostly me) dipped strawberries for a few of those people. Have you ever made chocolate covered strawberries? It is totally easy and they turn out quite gourmet. I melted the chocolate in the microwave and then dipped away. After the milk chocolate set, I drizzled a little white chocolate on the top and they were good to go.

I hope you're Valentine's Day is a good one. We are planning a romantic Valentine's dinner tonight as a foursome. Should be fun!

Quote from Elder Uchtdorf's April 2010 "You Are My Hands" talk.

1 comment:

Emma said...

So creative! I spent all day yesterday making sugar cookies and I am still cleaning up today. I will have to try this next year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...