Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WORLDWIDE TRAINING ONLINE.

Photobucket
Did you attend the worldwide training last Saturday afternoon? I was all set to attend because of my calling in Relief Society and then with the whirlwind of events in our family, was unable to make it at the last minute.

I was happy to learn that the entire training could be watched or listened to online. I am hoping to get to this in the next week or so.

From the Church's website;

"Changes to Handbook 2: Administering the Church are more extensive. A principle- based approach is meant to reduce the complexity of Church programs and allow some local adaptation where necessary without sacrificing the uniformity of policies, procedures, and programs.

Other changes of note include reduction of the bishop's workload by enhancing the role of the ward council and its members, the possible increase in the frequency of ward council meetings, a clarification of the mission of the Church, folding the work of the ward welfare committee into the discussions of the priesthood executive committee (to which the Relief Society president may be invited as necessary) and ward council, eliminating a standing ward activities committee and handling activities through the ward council, and other changes."

It will be interesting to see if and how things change in our individual wards.

The entirety of Handbook 2, can be accessed online as well.

1 comment:

runningfan said...

I'm glad to know it's all online! Melanie and my husband told me about lots of the changes. I'm not really in a position to know...but I'm totally curious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...