Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A LONG TIME FAVORITE.

Feels like I have a list a mile long. I've been to the grocery store twice and Costco three times since we arrived back here in Dallas barely over a week ago. What is my problem? Apparently, list-making is not my forte. It's that, or the fact that I cleaned out the fridge and cupboards of just about everything we use on a regular basis before we left and now it's time to re-stock.

Also, we've got family on their way. We have yet to have my brother and his wife and son visit us here so we are looking forward to showing them our little pad. My parents will be here as well, and my sister and brother-in-law are coming too. Everyone but the little brother, who will be missed.

And it's all in the name of BYU football. That is our good excuse, and I'll take it.

So, I thought I would leave you with one of my all-time favorite talks. Happens to be by Patricia Holland, wife of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. It appeared in the Ensign way back in 1987, but to me, it is still very applicable.

So, if you get a chance one afternoon, when your kids are asleep or at school, take a peek. I think about it often, mostly because she says that it's alright not to like to sew and that's right up my alley!

4 comments:

Kara Stowers said...

Thanks for sharing that talk Erin! I really enjoyed it and don't know if I would have found it on my own.
Glad you had a good time in Hawaii. :)

Katie said...

I love that talk! I have found that Elder and Sister Holland really speak to my needs. I have read that talk many times over the years.

JimnAnne Ringle said...

Thanks, I needed this.

Marne said...

Thank you for sharing that talk. I printed it, read it and it is now one of my favorite talks! I have a favorite talk folder that I keep some of my favorite talks in, and this is going in for future reading again and again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...