Tuesday, September 28, 2010

RELIEF SOCIETY BROADCAST REPORT.

Due to our vacation, I didn't have the chance of hearing the General Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday evening. I have heard from quite a few people that it was wonderful. Luckily, my good friend Heidi was willing to write a quick report of her thoughts and impressions of the meeting. Thanks Heid.

Here's what she had to say:

"I'm so glad Erin asked me to write a little something about the Relief Society General Meeting this past weekend. This is definitely an event I look forward to each year, especially as I prepare for General Conference. Last September during the broadcast we were in the process of driving from Kalispell, Montana to Las Vegas, Nevada so I missed it altogether. This year, I again could not attend the broadcast at church but I was able to watch it in the comfort of my home after putting my children to bed.
From Sister Beck's talk on the history of the Relief Society, to Sister Allred's discussion of our divine role as mothers and women, to Sister Thompson's emphasis on visiting teaching, to President Monson's talk on not judging others, I appreciated the overall message of service, charity, and providing relief to those around us- families, neighbors, communities. We all have the ability and responsibility to uplift both within our home and beyond. Finding time to serve outside of my home is an area I struggle in and my recent goal to do one act of service per week (i'm starting small) towards a friend or stranger seemed to go along with my feelings during the broadcast. We all hear the message that the Spirit knows we need to hear though when participating in these things. If you were able to watch the broadcast, what thoughts or impressions stood out to you?"

Thank you again Heidi. I can't wait to listen or read all of the talks in their entirety. I'd love to hear your impressions or thoughts of Saturday's meeting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...